Marriage and Family: 40 takeaways from 2015 that will help you in 2016 (Part 2)February 09, 2016
HERE Is PART II:
Every year at the beginning of a New Year, Jena and I look back over the previous year, celebrating the victories, being reminded of the struggles and seeing how many prayers were answered. We look back to see if we reached some of our goals and how the Lord worked in our lives personally. But this year, I did something I've never done before during my year in review. I took out a piece of paper and wrote out a list of "take-aways" from my journal.
I'm sharing my list with you (in a series of blogs) in hopes my list will encourage you. But also, I'd love for you to leave me a comment on which of my journal entries you like the most and why. Here are the second 15 of my list of 40. If you missed my first list, you can read it here.
1.You want a miracle, get alone with Jesus
2. Pray audacious, bold prayers, after all the results are not up to you
3. God is always working, our job is to trust, wait, walk by faith, and do the next right thing
4. uncertainty is a great teacher on trusting God
5. feeding our faith, starves our doubt
6. God makes a way because his ability is not limited by our inability..it's all about and up to him
7. God's ability combined with my faith unleashes his power
8. Lord fill me, not just relieve me of my problems...relief is not the answer, restoration is
9. Rest in ME says the Lord
10. God says let my TRUTH be larger than the Lie you are believing...here is where you find freedom
11. God grant and develop in me the fruit of the Spirit
12. Live, laugh and love makes for a great day
13. choose tenderness over anger
14. choose humility over pride
15. choose love over hate
As I've reflected over my list from 2015, I'm reminded how intimate, personal and involved Christ wants to be in our lives. I really hope as you read my list that you walk away with the same thing. Christ wants to be involved in our everyday lives. His Word, promises, and principles really do work in every way for every day. Again, I'd love to hear from you on which you like the most and why.
If you're not getting our blogs delivered to your in-box, Make sure you register to receive our blogs by clicking here)
If this blog has blessed you today, please share it with others through social media and by using the share buttons across the top. You can always copy the link in the url above and past it on your twitter or facebook
Dont' forget to follow us on twitter at @daleforehand @jenaforehand
If you'd like to book Dale and Jena for a conference please visit the contact page at www.daleandjena.com. Also, don't forget to check out the great resources on our on-line store.
For more information on Jena's ministry to women, visit: www.livingdeeperministries.com
Return to Top
||Post a Comment|