Marriage and Family: 40 takeaways from 2015 that will help you in 2016 (Part 1)January 19, 2016
Every year at the beginning of a New Year, Jena and I look back over the previous year, celebrating the victories, being reminded of the struggles and seeing how many prayers were answered. We look back to see if we reached some of our goals and how the Lord worked in our lives personally. But this year, I did something I've never done before during my year in review. I took out a piece of paper and wrote out a list of "take-aways" from my journal.
I'm sharing my list with you (in a series of blogs) in hopes my list will encourage you. But also, I'd love for you to leave me a comment on which of my journal entries you like the most and why. Here are the first 15 of my list of 40
1. God's provision happens from being in his presence
2. God wants to pour out his presence not just in us but "upon us" so that we reflect him in everything
3. A great battle plan for spiritual battles: Declare Christ, Depend on Christ, HE will defend you
4. God will bless what you put in HIS hands
5. God wants to bless me
6. Just as a piece of wood made bitter water fit to drink in the wilderness, the Cross of Christ takes away our bitterness through forgiveness
7. God's voice needs to be the loudest in my life
8. God shows favor to the humble
9. A proper respect of the Lord will keep you from sin
10. Jesus is the Word, so when you speak the Word, you speak Jesus into your situation
11. Soil has to be in the right condition to produce fruit, so it is with our souls, we must let God oversee our souls
12. There is no problem Jesus can't fix, person HE can't reach, purpose he can't fulfill
13. Hope in Christ will never disappoint
14. Hope in Christ renews my strength
15. unholy thoughts lead to unholy actions.
As I've reflected over my list from 2015, I'm reminded how intimate, personal and involved Christ wants to be in our lives. I really hope as you read my list that you walk away with the same thing. Christ wants to be involved in our everyday lives. His Word, promises, and principles really do work in every way for every day. Again, I'd love to hear from you on which you like the most and why.
If you're not getting our blogs delivered to your in-box, Make sure you register to receive our blogs by clicking here)
If this blog has blessed you today, please share it with others through social media and by using the share buttons across the top. You can always copy the link in the url above and past it on your twitter or facebook
Dont' forget to follow us on twitter at @daleforehand @jenaforehand
If you'd like to book Dale and Jena for a conference please visit the contact page at www.daleandjena.com. Also, don't forget to check out the great resources on our on-line store.
For more information on Jena's ministry to women, visit: www.livingdeeperministries.com
Return to Top
||Post a Comment|
David Prevette On Sunday, February 02 at 12:35 PM
#1. Since I've out myself more and more in God's presence over the last several months (through bible reading and a prayer journal), I have experienced so much more peace and confidence that He is in control. Thank y'all for serving The Lord!
Eusi Fraser On Wednesday, February 02 at 2:47 AM
#10. When all is going well, it's very easy to declare and speak the Word of God, but when you're frustrated and hurt, our focus can shift to where all we speak is that hurt. This is where I struggle a lot. Thanks for sharing!