Marriage and Family: 5 Must for Accomplishing Your Goals in 2016January 05, 2016
It's 2016, and the road ahead is full of opportunity and the sky's the limit. There is no telling what God will do in you and through you this next year, as you allow Him to work in your life and as you partner with the HIM in your journey through 2016!
For some of you, you may have looked back at 2015 and been a little disappointed. Listen, the only reason we look back is to help us move forward so CUT THE CORD OF REGRETS WITH GRACE, AND LET'S MOVE FORWARD WITH WHAT GOD HAS FOR US!!!!
So, if God has given you a WORD for the year, or a call to action for your year, what do you do with it? Here are
5 Musts For Accomplishing Your Goals
every single day:
1) FOCUS on your WORD: clarify and specify as much as you can. Make a poster, place it in various places in your home, car, office, Bible, nightstand, wherever the WORD can stay before you on a daily basis. Put it on your smart-phone and create a calendar notification. This way, every day, you will be faced to choose to live by your circumstances or by your WORD. You want to choose your WORD every time.
2) ELIMINATE anything that restricts your WORD: look at anything physically, emotionally, relationally, and mentally that will hold you back or be in opposition to your WORD and eliminate it! When we began to put our family back together, we had to "keep the circle small" by only allowing people into our lives who were "for" us. We didn't need any negativity that would set itself up against our success. You must do the same.
3) MAP the pathway to your WORD: you don't eat an elephant in one bite, you nibble at its toes! Take your WORD and work backwards to how you will monthly, then daily accomplish your WORD. Ask Jesus to help you map it out. Check points, short term goals, and other mile markers will give you courage and motivation when you see tangible results, as you work your plan.
[as a side note, let us just say that being orderly is not to the exclusion of being open and flexible to the Spirit! God is a God of order and conducts Himself in an orderly fashion. We believe He wants to partner with us to help us plan and then work that plan as His Spirit leads.]
4) WORK your WORD: nothing comes without cost and good ole hard work! Do your work! Don't compare yourself to others. You are on your own path! Work every day on moving closer to YOUR Word. And don't let others determine your progress. Do not be dominated by outside factors or forces! Focus on working toward your WORD!
5) INVEST your WORD in Others: evaluate how your WORD is going to effect others. You are a gift, and gifts are to be given. Use your WORD to add to other people's lives on a daily basis. Set your mind early in your day to be intentional about adding positive value to those around you. Maybe the Lord would have you start or join a small group and you'll have an instant place of community to offer your WORD to another! You'll bless them, and will find yourself blessed as well.
[to find out more about our resources for men, women and marriages click HERE]
[to find out about how to start the Living Deeper Series for women or small groups click HERE]
Friends, we really believe that following these 5 Musts will set you up for success in growing in the WORD the Lord gave you in 2016. Guaranteed.
Again, join in the conversation! Leave a comment, WHAT's YOUR WORD for 2016?
What are you doing to be successful at realizing your WORD in 2016?
Here's to our BEST YEAR EVER!
Return to Top
||Post a Comment|